Boca Raton, Florida Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers
Boca Raton is well known for having some of the most affluent people residing within its borders. One will routinely see a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Rollsroyce, Range Rover and other exotic and highly valued motor vehicles. With a population of about 100,000 residents, the average resident is 47 years of age, with an average income of $89,000. The majority of residents are well educated; more than 56 percent of the population have a bachelor’s degree or higher. Living in such a wonderful place, filled with extravagances, makes one believe that nothing bad ever happens, but it does. Paradise has its share of accidents. Regardless of how educated the population or how much wealth is acquired, people are people and they can be negligent in their actions.
When an accident occurs, and it is not your fault, you need to take steps. Self preservation is of the utmost importance. Get medical help. Make sure the incident is documented by police or emergency medical personnel so that when you contact a personal injury attorney for assistance they demand the maximum amount of compensation.
Accordingly, the personal injury lawyers at the Law Office of Roger P. Foley are ready and able to handle the following types of cases:
- Personal Injury
- Amusement Park, Carnival and Fair Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents - Bicycling starts at an early age and continues for many into their 70's. Motorists often fail to recognize that cyclist have a right to be on the roadway. Negligent drivers can be held liable for injuries or the death they cause. Speeding, distracted driving,impaired driving, and a failure to yield to bicycle riders are the leading cause of catastrophic injuries suffered by cyclist.
- Boating Accidents
- Car Accidents - Boca Raton’s population increases each year. Accordingly, there are more motorists on Boca Raton’s roadways and accidents occur more frequently. A car accident can leave you with serious injuries. If those injuries were caused by the negligence of another driver then you may need the assistance of an experienced attorney.
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bite Injury - Anyone that owns a dog must be aware that animals have the potential to harm others. As such, each owner has a duty to keep the public safe from their pet. It is important to be a responsible pet owner. When an owner’s dog attacks or bites someone the owner is financially responsible for any harm caused. A canine bite can cause severe damage to human muscle, ligaments and bones due to the power they possess. If you were bitten by another individual’s dog then you may have a financial claim for your injuries.
- Medical Malpractice - Medical professionals owe a duty of care to their patients. When doctors or any other medical personnel fail to provide the normal standard of care they become liable for malpractice. The failure to provide the normal standard of care can result in irreparable damages to the patient and sometimes death. If your medical provider caused you injury then you may be entitled to financial compensation.
- Motorcycle Accidents - Most motorcycle accidents are found to be caused by the negligence of other drivers on the roadway. Distracted driving is the leading cause, followed by speeding and drivers that fail to see motorcycles. Unfortunately, motorcyclists suffer major injuries and often lose their life as a result of a accident.
- Negligent Security of Commercial and Residential Premises
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Product Liability Injuries
- Slip & Fall Accidents - Property owners are required to keep their properties safe and well-maintained. It’s their duty to prevent any hazard that could cause an individual to slip, fall and be injured. If they breach this duty and the person that fell is injured then the victim may recover financial compensation for the damages.
- Train and Railroad Accidents
- Trucking Accidents - An 18-wheeler or tractor trailer weigh between 30,000 to 80,000 pounds depending on its load. When a large truck like this collides with an object (car, van, pickup, motorcycle, pedestrian, etc) it often obliterates the objects in its path. A person involved in this type of accident often suffers catastrophic injuries or death. Most trucking accidents are caused by either driver error or violations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- Uber Accidents
- Wrongful Death - When death is caused by another’s negligence or careless behavior, the family should seek legal justice. Losing a family member is difficult but knowing it could have been prevented makes it unbearable. Wrongful death can occur in many ways. If you believe that negligence was the cause of your family member’s death then you do not hesitate in contacting our firm.
Car, truck and bus accidents can cause serious physical injuries. However, the emotional impact to the victim and their family can be even more devastating. After an accident, the injured party may have limited financial resources to care for their family. This can lead to anxiety and emotional distress because there are many questions but only limited answers.
When this occurs, it's important that you contact a top rated personal injury lawyer, not a legal assistant or a paralegal but an actual lawyer that handles car and truck crashes. Call our office to speak directly to attorney Roger P. Foley.Boca Raton Car Crash Statistics and Causes
Florida ranks in the top three states for motor vehicle fatalities, according to multiple studies. In 2021, Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle statistics show that there were 24,739 crashes in Palm Beach County. Although there were no specific statistics on the amount of car crashes in Boca Raton, anyone that regularly drives in Boca Raton knows that traffic accidents occur often. Not every auto accident results in serious bodily injury or death; there are many fender benders where nobody is seriously injured. Yet, the fact remains that many auto accidents occur in Boca Raton. They occur for many reasons:
- Speeding is a top cause of accidents
- Reckless driving occurs when a vehicle weaves in and out of traffic
- Running stop signs and red lights
- Failure to adhere to traffic laws
- Driving under the influence of Drugs and/or Alcohol
- Driving while distracted (phone, radio)
- Driving while sleepy or fatigued
- Road Rage
- Medical related issues
- Mechanical problems with vehicle
In the State of Florida, to prove negligence of the other driver, the injured party must establish the following in order to file an insurance claim or to bring a lawsuit:
- The other driver had a duty, an obligation, to drive safely and follow all traffic laws in Florida
- That driver failed to perform his/her duty
- That the failure to perform those duties caused the accident
- The accident was the cause of your injuries
Proving negligence can be difficult, people lie. It is common to hear the negligent party say, “it was not me, I was not speeding, the light was not red, it was your fault” and that makes determining negligence a challenge. For that reason, you seek out a diligent attorney that is willing to put in the energy to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries.Personal Injury Protection Insurance (PIP)
PIP is required for all drivers in Florida. Most would argue that $10,000 in personal injury protection is insufficient to handle most medical injuries caused by a car crash. If you are injured and need to go to the hospital emergency room you are nearly guaranteed to spend 10,000 dollars quicker than you would at any casino. At least in the casino, you know what you're spending.Hiring a Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyer
Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be daunting, it wears you down. You have to deal with injuries, the doctor visits and the physical therapy consume hours of your day. You can’t work, you can’t do normal everyday activities, and you can’t take care of your family. You are now reliant on others and it's not convenient. You now have obstacles in your life that you did not have before. At this point, one should concentrate on recovery and returning back to a normal life. Hire the best personal injury attorneys to handle the litigation associated with your car accident. When you call, you will speak to Attorney Roger P. Foley directly. He will answer your questions and be straightforward with you about your potential accident claim.
The resource links referenced below are provided by Personal Injury lawyer, Roger P. Foley and his staff, to give you information about the City of Boca Raton and Palm Beach County. Being able to quickly access these city and county websites will give you a wealth of valuable information ranging from permits and licensing to local county and city ordinances, police information, and city news.
As Boca Raton personal injury attorneys, we at the Law Offices of Roger P. Foley, P.A. use these sites to gather information that can be useful in our legal duties. Accordingly, we think it's important that citizens have easy access to this information.Boca Raton, Florida Law Resources
- Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office
- Palm Beach County Website
- Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office
- Palm Beach County History
- Florida Health Website
- Palm Beach Post
- Boca Raton Regional Hospital
- Boca Raton Baptist health
- West Boca Medical Hospital
- Emergency medical services