West Palm Beach Uber Accident Lawyer
After an Uber accident in Palm Beach County, an injured person will find that the legal system can be difficult to navigate alone. Hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer is essential. A West Palm Beach Uber accident lawyer at the Law Office of Roger P. Foley can fight to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Your attorney will investigate and negotiate with the insurance company while you heal from your injuries. Our number one goal is acquiring financial compensation for those that are injured in a ride sharing accident.
At the Law Office of Roger P. Foley you speak directly to the attorney that will handle your case.
- How The Law Office of Roger P. Foley Can Help if You Are in Uber Accident
- If I Am Injured in an Uber Accident, How Much Can I Expect to Receive in a Settlement or Lawsuit?
- When Uber Drivers Are En Route to Pick Up Passengers and During Trips
- Uber Driver is Available or Waiting for a Ride Request
- If the Uber Driver Is Not Logged into the Mobile Application
- What Are the Types of Damages Available if I am in an Uber Accident in Florida?
- Will I Get Paid for My Damages if I Am Partially at Fault for an Uber Accident?
- Uber Accident Injuries Deserve Compensation
- What Are The Primary Causes of Uber Accidents in Palm Beach County?
- How Can I Sue an Uber Driver For Crashing While I Was a Passenger?
- If I am Injured in an Uber Accident, How Long Do I Have to Sue for My Injuries?
Most people have used Uber, but using this convenient company to go from one place to another does not mean that you are aware of the insurance protection or lack thereof. Unfortunately, most riders don’t learn anything about whether they are covered financially until after they are in an Uber accident. Uber is a publicly traded company and like any other publicly traded company they need to make their stockholders more money. They don't want to pay higher insurance premiums. They certainly don’t want to give out money to injured passengers because some of their drivers are negligent.
In the state of Florida, the law requires Uber drivers to carry substantial insurance coverage. Don’t think for a moment that Uber’s insurance company will forward a check for your injuries, if you're injured while in an Uber. It is important that you hire a local personal injury firm to represent you when injured in Palm beach County Florida. Local attorneys are often familiar with the area. Since they are in the courtroom often, they have a better understanding of local judges and their procedures. Most importantly, it is important to retain a personal injury lawyer that is ready to advocate on your behalf.
The Law Office of Roger P. Foley should be your voice. We are knowledgeable in the rules that govern Uber, the major ride sharing company. As your personal injury attorneys we will:
- Investigate the auto accident
- Determine who was at fault in the car accident
- Identify who the possible defendants (it's often not just Uber)
- Find out the insurance limits of the defendant(s)
- Review all medical reports
- Negotiate a settlement that ensures you are fairly and adequately compensated
- If a settlement does not occur then file a civil complaint for damages in the court house
As a passenger, it’s not your fault that you were injured. You rely on the Uber driver to carry you safely between destinations. If they were negligent then we are going to seek monetary compensation for your injuries. If another driver was negligent then we go after their insurance carrier. Regardless, of whom the at fault party is we will seek justice on your behalf.
Our West Palm Beach Personal Injury lawyers are available to advocate on your behalf. Attorney Roger P. Foley is your point of contact and works on every case. At this office, you're not shuffled between lawyers. I am available to discuss your Uber accident. The call is free.
If I Am Injured In an Uber Accident, How Much Can I Expect to Receive in a Settlement or Lawsuit?
Generally, the answer to this question is the most important to an accident victim at the beginning of their case. The question is difficult to answer because it’s fact specific and depends on several conditions:
- The type of injury, the severity of the injury, and whether it is permanent in nature
- The total cost of your medical medical bills
- Total amount of lost wages
- Loss of potential income
- Out of pocket costs
- Who was at fault for the accident
- The exact amount of insurance coverages available from the negligent parties
- Whether or not there was Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- Determination of the financial costs associated with future medical care
Most often, your personal injury claims value is determined by the amount of insurance coverage available. Uber drivers are independent contractors. The vehicle is owned by the driver, not the Uber corporation. If you are paying for Uber, the ride is scheduled through the mobile application, then Florida's required insurance policy is in effect. It is important to note that insurance coverages vary depending on the Uber driver’s status. See below.
Uber Insurance is spelled out on its webpage to help provide necessary information. If you offer an Uber driver $10 to take you to a non-scheduled destination or if your ride is not logged through Uber’s mobile application you will have difficulty collecting compensation for your injuries. Think twice!
When Uber Drivers Are En Route to Pick up Passengers and During Trips
Uber’s insurance coverage reaches its maximum during a trip; meaning the passenger is being driven to their destination or when the Uber driver is en route to pick them up. Here is the available insurance coverage:
- One million in third-party liability coverage
- Contingent collision coverage with a $2,500 deductible
Note: Florida Uber drivers no longer carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
Ridesharing companies are changing coverages and Uber no longer is required to have Uninsured or Underinsured coverage which is a huge problem if you are injured. If the other driver is at fault and they don’t have bodily injury coverage then regardless of how serious your injury, you may not be able to collect financial compensation.
Uber Driver is Available or Waiting for a Ride Request
An Uber driver is on the job, if he/she is logged into the Uber app and the following coverage applies:
- $50,000 Maximum bodily injury coverage per person
- $100,000 Maximum bodily injury coverage per accident
- $25,000 Maximum in property damage coverage
If your personal insurance coverage does not cover you in the event of loss, then these limits are applicable.
If the Uber Driver Is Not Logged Into the Mobile Application
If the driver is not logged into the Uber Application, then they can neither be waiting for a service call or transporting a customer. Accordingly, whatever basic insurance they have is applicable if they are in an accident.
Remember full coverage in Florida means that a driver only has to have $10,000 in Personal Injury Protection. Additionally, there is no requirement drivers have bodily injury or UM coverage.
What are the Types of Damages Available if I am in an Uber Accident in Florida?
When injured in a car accident, the person that is injured often asks who will pay their medical bills or who will help pay the rent or mortgage if they are seriously injured and can’t work. Florida Personal Injury law discusses two types of damages:
Economic Damages are meant to reimburse victims for incurred expenses such as:
- All medical bills from service providers
- Future medical bills
- Physical therapy sessions
- Long term medical care
- Lost wages
- Lost future wages
- Property damage
- Out of pocket expenses
Non-Economic Damages are to compensate the plaintiff/ victim for non-tangible or subjective losses. Examples of non-economic are:
- Emotional Distress
- Permanent disfigurement and scarring
- Permanent disability
- Permanent impairment
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of your independence
- Loss of consortium
- Diminished quality of life
- Damage to family relationship (spouses and children)
Note: Punitive damages in Florida are limited and are meant to punish the person or corporation that acted with gross negligence.
Will I Get Paid for My Damages if I Am Partially at Fault for an Uber Accident?
Florida law utilizes a comparative negligence theory, which means that an accident victim may recover from an at fault party, even if they were partially responsible for the accident.
A Palm Beach County Personal Injury Lawyer can assist you if you are partially at fault. We will negotiate with the insurance company to minimize your culpability with the insurance company so that you receive the best settlement possible.
Uber Accident Injuries Deserve Compensation
If you are injured in an uber then you want a top-rated personal injury attorney to assist you in recovering the financial compensation that you deserve. Uber cases can become complicated so it's important that you find a lawyer that will advocate for you. An attorney that understands the types of injuries sustained in an Uber accident is important. There are many types of injuries. Each injury has its difficulties and requires time to heal.
Uber accident often suffer from the following injuries:
- Head Injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Whiplash Injuries
- Internal Injuries
- Bone Fractures
- Burn Injuries
- Loss of Limbs
- Catastrophic Injuries
If a member of your family succumbed to the injuries they suffered in an Uber accident then you may have a wrongful death action against the at fault party.
What Are The Primary Causes of Uber Accidents in Palm Beach County?
Uber drivers are everyday people and they make mistakes. They are looking at their mobile application that designates where they pick up and drop off their customers. They are rushing to their destination so they may pick up another fare. There are many reasons for an accident to occur.
Below is a list of the most common causes of Uber accidents in West Palm Beach include:
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Night time driving
- Long work hours / fatigue
- Careless driving
- Distracted driving
- Picking up/dropping off passengers in an unsafe location
- Improper passing
- Illegal U- turns
- Failure to adhere to red light or stop sign
- Hazardous road conditions
- Driving Under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
If you need assistance in determining whether you have a good uber accident case, Call Uber crash lawyer, Roger P. Foley to discuss your injuries and the facts of your wreck.
How Can I Sue an Uber Driver for Crashing While I Was a Passenger?
Most people have heard that if you are involved in an Uber accident and it's the Uber Driver’s fault then there is $1,000,000 in bodily injury coverage. Accordingly, it's important to retain an experienced personal injury lawyer to assist you in proving that the driver was negligent.
A West Palm Beach Uber accident Lawyer will work diligently to collect evidence that will substantiate your claim. Attorney Foley and his staff will collect pertinent information in your case, such as:
- Auto Accident reports
- Copies of civil infractions
- Surveillance footage
- Witness statements
- Cell phone records
- Black box information
- Uber driver’s In-car camera footage
- Mechanical Inspection reports
- Details from Uber App
Remember, to be paid for your injuries, you have to prove that someone caused your injuries and that they were negligent. Your attorney will work to establish negligence while you are healing up from your accident. Once retained, with no upfront money, we will go to work for you. We only get paid if we are successful in your civil case.
If I am Injured in an Uber Accident, How Long Do I Have to Sue for My Injuries?
The amount of time you have to file a lawsuit after an Uber car crash is four (4) years. However, an insurance carrier will likely settle the claim much faster and to the victims satisfaction, if the following can be established:
- Negligence of other party is obvious
- Injury is clearly related to the accident and not associated with a pre-existing injury
- The at-fault driver has adequate insurance coverage
If an insurance settlement cannot be agreed upon, you must file a lawsuit for damages prior to the 4 years, otherwise your right to be compensated is waived.
Contact a West Palm Beach Uber Accident Lawyer near me at (561) 746-7076. The call is free and you always speak directly with attorney Roger P Foley.