Lake Worth, Florida Personal Injury Lawyers
There are many types of accidents that cause a personal injury claim. The Law Office of Roger P. Foley is a personal injury law firm that assists the injured with acquiring financial compensation against the parties that caused the harm. Residents in Lake Worth and throughout Palm Beach County are involved in many different types of accidents:
- Amusement Park Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Negligent Security of Commercial and Residential Premises
- Pedestrian Accidents
- RailRoad Accidents
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Just because you are permanently injured in an accident does not mean you have a personal injury case. You must establish negligence in the following manner:
- Duty of Care is an obligation placed on a party (individual or business) that requires them to act a certain way or standard. For example in a car accident case, driver 1 is required or obligated to drive according to the laws of Florida. Driver 1 is required to drive in a safe manner. That is Drivers 1’s duty of care. It’s the same for all motorists on Florida roads and highways.
- Breach of Duty is when the party that is established to have a duty of care breaches their duty. In our car accident example, driver 1 is required to drive in accordance with the speed limit on I95 in Palm Beach County. The speed limit is 70mph, however driver 1 is traveling at 95mph and is weaving in and out of traffic and clips the rear-end of driver 2’s vehicle.
- Causation - once a duty of care and breach of duty have been proven, a plaintiff is required to prove Causation. If not for driver 1’s reckless driving and colliding with the rear end of driver 2’s vehicle, the accident would not have occurred and driver 2 would not be seriously injured.
The concepts of establishing negligence are easily quoted but establishing them through evidence and experts in a court of law can be complicated. That is why you want a distinguished car accident lawyer to assist you in your accident injury case.The Process Of A Personal Injury Lawsuit in Florida
- An individual is injured because of another individual's negligence.
- The Injured party hires a personal injury lawyer
- The lawyer files a claim with the insurance company
- If a settlement cannot be agreed upon and the lawyer believes they can establish negligence a lawsuit is filed
- Once a lawsuit is filed the injured party is referred to as the Plaintiff
- A complaint is filed and the Defendant is served with the lawsuit
- The Defendant contacts their insurance company and/or hires an attorney
- The discovery or pre-trial process begins
- Exchange of case information
- Filing and arguing of motions
- Trial before Judge or Jury
The resource links referenced below are provided by Personal Injury attorney, Roger P. Foley and his staff, to give you information about the Town of Lake Worth and Palm Beach County. Being able to quickly access these city and county websites will give you a wealth of information to assist you in Lake Worth. As Lake Worth accident lawyers we use these sites to gather information. It's important that citizens have easy access to this information.
The Law Office of Roger P. Foley has represented clients throughout South Florida, including Lake Worth and Palm Beach County. Check out our client reviews. If you have been injured in an accident and require a Lake Worth or Palm Beach County personal injury lawyer, contact personal injury attorney Roger P. Foley to assist you in recovering the financial compensation that you deserve. Call (561) 746-7076.City Pages