Palm Beach Gardens Uber Lyft Accident Lawyer And Ride Sharing Accident Attorney
If you've been injured in an Uber or Lyft accident in Palm Beach Gardens, navigating the legal process with insurance companies can be tough. That's why it's crucial to have a personal injury lawyer on your side. At the Law Office of Roger P. Foley, we focus attention on car accident cases, specifically case involving ride sharing, like Uber and Lyft. If our client is injured, through the fault of another, our goal is recovering the compensation they deserve.
As a Palm Beach Gardens Ride Sharing Accident lawyer, Mr. Foley understands the physical, emotional, and financial toll that an accident can take on you and your family. To acquire the best result, his team will research the accident, negotiate a settlement negligent person’s insurance company, and work to receive the maximum compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
At the Law Office of Roger P. Foley, you'll speak directly to attorney Roger P, Foley. We believe in open communication and will keep you informed. If you've been hurt in an Uber or Lyft accident in Palm Beach Gardens, don't wait to seek legal help.
- Involved In A Ride Sharing Accident Or Uber Lyft Accident in Palm Beach Gardens?
- Determining the Value of Your Uber or Lyft Accident Settlement or Lawsuit:
- Understanding Uber's Insurance Coverage for Passengers and Drivers
- Understanding Uber's Insurance Coverage When Drivers Are Working Or Waiting For A Potential Customer
- What Is The Insurance Coverage When An Uber Driver Is Not Working?
- Categories of Damages Available in Florida for Uber Accident Victims:
- Will I Be Compensated for Damages If I Share Fault for an Uber Accident in Florida?
- Compensation For Injuries: Why You Need A Personal Injury Attorney To Represent Uber and Lyft Victims
- Understanding The Primary Causes Of Uber Accidents In Palm Beach Gardens
- How Do I Start The Legal Process Against A Negligent Uber or Lyft Driver In Palm Beach Gardens?
- How Long Do I Have To Sue For My Injuries After An Uber Accident In Palm Beach Gardens?
Uber and Lyft are popular modes of transportation for many people, but what happens if you're involved in an accident while riding in their vehicles? What if you are hit by one of their drivers? Unfortunately, many victims are unaware of their rights and what steps they need to take to recover compensation for their injuries. The Law Office of Roger P. Foley is here to help you navigate the legal system and demand the compensation you deserve.
In Florida, ride sharing companies are required to carry specific insurance coverage. However, the auto insurance companies that insure them are reluctant to pay out claims to the injured. That's why it's crucial to hire a personal injury law firm in the area that is knowledgeable about the laws and procedures.
As Palm Beach County Personal Injury lawyers, our legal staff will explore the cause of the accident, examine who was responsible, and identify all possible defendants. Our law firm will reexamine all medical findings and then make a demand to the insurance company. Our law firm work to negotiate a fair settlement. If an agreement cannot be reached with. The insurance company, we may file a civil complaint for damages, also called a lawsuit.
At the Law Office of Roger P. Foley, you will be in contact with Attorney Roger P. Foley, who will work on every aspect of your case. Our goal is to provide you with personalized attention and ensure you feel heard throughout the entire process.
Being involved in an Uber Lyft accident can be a traumatic experience, but you don't have to face it alone. Contact the Law Office of Roger P. Foley for a free consultation today and let us help you get the compensation you deserve.
Determining the Value of Your Uber or Lyft Accident Settlement or Lawsuit:
If you've been injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, one of the most pressing questions on your mind is likely, “how much money can I receive?” Unfortunately, there is not a single response to this question, as the value of your personal injury claim will depend on a variety of factors.
First and foremost, the type and severity of your injury will play a significant role in determining the value of your claim. Additionally, the final expense of your medical bills, lost wages, and out-of-pocket expenses will be taken into account. If your injury has resulted in a loss of income or requires ongoing medical care, this will also impact the value of your claim.
Other important factors include who was responsible for the accident, the amount of bodily injury insurance coverage available from the at fault party and whether you purchased coverage for drivers without insurance, “UM coverage” in your policy. It's important to note that Uber and Lyft drivers are independent contractors, and their insurance policy may vary depending on the driver's status at the time of the accident.
In order to determine the value of your claim, it's essential to work with an a personal injury attorney who can assess the specifics of your case and help you understand your legal options.
It's also important to note that if you pay an Uber or Lyft driver cash to take you to a destination not scheduled through their mobile application, you may not be able to receive compensation for your injuries. It's always best to use the phone app and ensure that your ride is properly recorded.
If you've been injured in an Uber Lyft Collison in Palm Beach Gardens, don't wait to seek legal help. Contact the Law Office of Roger P. Foley today for a free consultation and let us help you understand your legal options.
Understanding Uber's Insurance Coverage for Passengers and Drivers
If you're using ride sharing service to get around, it's important to understand the company's insurance coverage and how it applies to you as a passenger or driver. Both Uber and Lyft’s insurance coverage varies depending on whether the driver is actively driving someone to a location at the time of the accident.
When an Uber or Lyft driver is on the way to pick up a passenger or during a scheduled trip, the ride sharing company's insurance coverage reaches its maximum. This means that the passenger is covered by up to $1,000,000.00 in third-party liability coverage, as well as contingent collision coverage with a $2,500 deductible. Additionally, if you are hit by a ride sharing company vehicle during this time, you will also have access to that million-dollar policy.
It's important to note that uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is no longer required for Florida Uber drivers. That hurts you the passenger. There is no way to know if your Uber driver has UM coverage so we stress that you should always purchase some level of UM coverage for your own vehicle as this may help you when there is insufficient insurance coverage.
These transportation network companies are constantly changing their coverage policies, and this can pose a problem for passengers or drivers who are hurt in an accident. If the other vehicle is at fault, not the ride sharing company, and their auto policy does not include bodily injury coverage, you may be out of luck collecting financial compensation for your injuries.
If you've been involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, it's important to seek legal help rapidly. The Law Office of Roger P. Foley is here to help you navigate the legal system and fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation and let us help you understand your legal options.
Understanding Uber's Insurance Coverage When Drivers Are Working Or Waiting For A Potential Customer
When an Uber driver is available or waiting for a ride request, they are considered to be working. If they logged into the Uber or Lyft application there is coverage if they are at fault for an accident. During this time, general coverage is:
- Maximum of $50k of BI coverage per person
- Maximum of $100k BI coverage for entire accident
- Maximum property damage insurance of $25k
As you can see this is not a lot of coverage if you are seriously injured.
These policies only apply if your personal insurance coverage does not cover you in the event of a loss. This is known as contingent coverage, and it's designed to fill the gap when your personal insurance coverage falls short.
If you're an Uber driver or passenger in Palm Beach Gardens and you've been involved in an accident, it's important to seek legal help fast. The Law Office of Roger P. Foley is here to help you understand your legal options and fight to recover the compensation required to cover your injuries. Contact us today for a free consultation.
What Is The Insurance Coverage When An Uber Driver Is Not Working?
If an Uber driver is not logged into the company's mobile application, they are not considered to be on the job and are not waiting for or transporting any customers. In this case, the driver's basic insurance coverage would apply in the event of an accident.
It's important to note that in Florida, full coverage for drivers only requires $10,000 in Personal Injury Protection. There is no requirement for bodily injury or uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. In short, just because the vehicle is an Uber or Lyft vehicle does not mean that there is coverage if they harm you.
If you've been involved in an accident with an Uber driver who was not logged into the mobile application at the time of the accident, it's important to seek legal help promptly. The Law Office of Roger P. Foley is here to help you understand your legal options and fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Categories of Damages Available in Florida for Uber Accident Victims:
If you've been involved in an Uber accident in Florida, you may be wondering what types of damages are available to you. Personal injury law in Florida recognizes two categories of damages: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages cover expenditures like doctor bills, future medical bills, lost income, property damage, and out-of-pocket expenses.
Non-economic damages compensate for things like emotional distress, physical scarring, lasting disabilities, anguish and physical discomfort, and harm to personal relationships.
Punitive damages in Florida have a cap and are intended to penalize the individual or company that displayed significant negligence.
If you've been injured in a ride sharing accident in Palm Beach Gardens, it's important to seek legal help quickly. The Law Office of Roger P. Foley is here to help you understand your legal options and fight for the compensation you deserve. “Just Call Me!” Attorney Roger P. Foley
Will I Be Compensated for Damages If I Share Fault for an Uber Accident in Florida?
Florida law uses a modified comparative negligence theory, which means that an accident victim may still be able to recover compensation from an at-fault party even if they were partially responsible for the accident. However, the amount of compensation they can receive will be reduced by their percentage of fault but if you are responsible for the
“ GREATER PERCENTAGE OF FAULT.—In a negligence action to which this section applies, any party found to be greater than 50 percent at fault for his or her own harm may not recover any damages.”
If you're involved in an Uber accident in Palm Beach Gardens and share fault for the accident, it's important to seek legal help from a personal injury lawyer. The Law Office of Roger P. Foley can assist you in negotiating with the insurance company to minimize your liability and help you receive the best settlement possible.
Compensation For Injuries: Why You Need A Personal Injury Attorney To Represent Uber and Lyft Victims
If you've been injured while in an Ride Sharing Vehicle, it's crucial to have a prominently rated personal injury lawyer on your side to help you recover the money you deserve. Uber accident cases can be complex, so it's important to find a lawyer who will advocate for you and has experience with the types of injuries that are often sustained in these accidents.
There are many types of injuries that can result from an accident, each with its own unique difficulties and healing time. Some common injuries include:
- Cranial traumas
- Cervical traumas
- Dorsolumbar/spinal cord traumas
- Post-concussive syndromes
- Cervical acceleration-deceleration injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Skeletal fractures
- Thermal injuries
- Extremity amputations
- Paralytic conditions
- Exceedingly severe injuries culminating in fatality
If your family has suffered the loss of a loved one due to injuries in an Uber accident, you may have the option to seek compensation through a wrongful death claim against the party responsible.
At the Law Office of Roger P. Foley, we understand the complexities of accident cases and are here to help you navigate the legal system.
Understanding The Primary Causes Of Uber Accidents In Palm Beach Gardens
Uber drivers, akin to their fellow motorists, are susceptible to errors that can precipitate accidents. In the vicinity of Palm Beach Gardens, numerous root causes underlie Uber accidents, including:
- Excessive velocity
- Neglecting to yield the right-of-way
- Proximity-based tailgating
- Nocturnal driving
- Prolonged working hours and resultant exhaustion
- Reckless driving behavior
- Diverted attention while driving
- Engaging in passenger pickup or drop-off activities in precarious locales
- Injudicious overtaking maneuvers
- Unlawful U-turns
- Disregarding red traffic signals and stop signs
- Treacherous road conditions
- Operating a vehicle under the influence of intoxicants or narcotics
If you've been involved in an Uber or Lyft accident in Palm Beach Gardens, it's important to seek legal help swiftly. At the Law Office of Roger P. Foley, we are here to help. Just Call.
How Do I Start The Legal Process Against A Negligent Uber or Lyft Driver In Palm Beach Gardens?
- Imperative of Legal Representation: The retention of a personal injury attorney assumes paramount importance in the context of establishing the driver's culpability for resultant injuries and the ensuing pursuit of compensatory restitution.
- Systematic Evidentiary Procurement: Our team, situated in West Palm Beach, undertakes a systematic and comprehensive approach to the acquisition of evidential artifacts. This inclusive collection encompasses formalized accident reports, documented accounts of civil infractions, substantiating surveillance recordings, meticulous testimonies from witnesses, meticulously cataloged mobile phone records, exhaustively collated vehicle data, in-depth scrutiny of in-car camera footage, methodical mechanical assessments, and a thorough dissection of data emanating from the rideshare application.
- Assistance for Palm Beach Gardens Residents: Individuals located within Palm Beach Gardens who have encountered accidents while employing Uber services can avail themselves of the professional services provided by Attorney Foley and his adept team. This support is instrumental in facilitating the construction and substantiation of legal claims.
- The Crucial Element of Negligence: The attainment of compensation hinges significantly on the ability to convincingly establish negligence on the part of another party. This intricate endeavor is meticulously undertaken by your attorney, thereby allowing you, as the injured party, to channel your focus toward recuperation and convalescence.
- Operational Framework of Contingency Fees: The operational structure of our legal services is grounded in the principle of contingency fees, signifying that our compensation is contingent upon the successful resolution of your legal case.
- Access to a Complimentary Consultation: Prospective clients are encouraged to initiate contact for an initial consultation, which is provided free of charge. This initial interaction serves as an avenue for a comprehensive elucidation of available legal pathways, thus equipping clients with the requisite understanding to make informed decisions concerning their legal recourse.
How Long Do I Have To Sue For My Injuries After An Uber Accident In Palm Beach Gardens?
Whether riding in an Uber or being hit by any ride sharing company vehicle in Palm Beach Gardens, it's important to know that you have two (2) years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit for damages.
At the Law Office of Roger P. Foley, we understand that being injured in an Uber/Lyft accident can be a difficult and traumatic experience. That's why our team is dedicated to helping you navigate the legal process with compassion and care, while fighting for the compensation you deserve.
If you've been injured in Palm Beach Gardens, don't hesitate to contact us today at (561) 746-7076 for a free consultation. We'll listen to your story, assess your case, and help you understand your legal options. With our guidance, you can focus on healing from your injuries while we fight for justice on your behalf.