Truck Accident Lawyers Serving Palm Beach Gardens
Our law firm represents victims’ that were injured in accidents with tractor trailers and trucks in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. If you or a loved one has recently been involved in such an accident, time is of the essence. Delay can potentially harm your case, which is why we encourage you to act quickly.
Our goal is to provide you with the necessary support and guidance during this difficult time. We understand that dealing with the aftermath of a truck accident can be overwhelming, which is why we strive to make the process as easy as possible for you.
When you reach out to us, we will immediately begin researching the important aspects of your case. If necessary, we also ensure that medical professionals stop calling you regarding payments. This means that you can avoid the stress and hassle of dealing with bill collectors.
To learn more about how we can help you, Just Call Me at (561) 746-7076. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve.
At the Law Offices of Roger P. Foley, our team of legal professionals focus on representing those who have been badly injured in trucking accidents in Palm Beach Gardens. We understand that being involved in a tractor trailer accident is a serious matter, and the physical injuries sustained may have a permanent impact on your life.
As semi-truck accident attorneys, we are here to provide you with the answers to any legal questions you may have. We know that you need time to recover from your injuries, which is why we are prepared to put in the necessary effort to handle your legal case.
You can count on us to provide you with the representation you need to seek the compensation you deserve. Don't hesitate to reach out to us for help.
- Here are the top 4 questions frequently asked by tractor trailer accident victims, along with our responses:
- Five Compelling Reasons To Consider Hiring A Palm Beach Gardens Truck Accident Attorney:
- Types Of Commercial Trucking Accidents or Wrecks:
- What Are The Primary Causes Behind Commercial Trucking Accidents?
- Investigating Truck Accidents Causing Serious Injuries and Fatalities in Palm Beach Gardens
- The Thorough Procedure for Examining Commercial Truck Incidents in Palm Beach Gardens
- What Can Someone Who Has Suffered Injuries In A Truck Accident Claim Compensation For?
- Basics Regarding Punitive Damages in Truck Accident Cases in Palm Beach Gardens
- Get the Compensation You Deserve for Your Truck Accident Injury in Palm Beach Gardens with the Law Office of Roger P Foley
How can I manage my financial obligations in the event of an injury that prevents me from working?
Our law firm will contact your medical providers. We will ask them to send all invoices to our office and avoid reaching out to you through phone or any other communication methods.
What is the expected duration of my recovery, and is there a chance my injury could be permanent?
Your medical team will provide this information individually, as healing times vary among patients.
- How can I receive compensation for my injuries following a semi-truck collision?
- Your attorney will Identify the responsible party and reach out to their insurance provider
- Ascertain the available insurance coverage.
- Trucking companies in Florida must maintain liability insurance for their vehicles, and the coverage varies between $300,000 to $5,000,000, contingent upon the type of cargo they are transporting.
- If there are numerous defendants and insurance companies involved, there are more people to deal with.
- There may be multiple victims in the accident, and everyone wants to get paid.
- Medical professionals must assess the need for future treatments (e.g., evaluating whether the initial surgery addressed the issue or if additional surgeries/treatment are required).
- Delays can occur if the accident victim doesn't seek timely medical care, such as missing scheduled doctor appointments.
- Extended mediation may be necessary as a schedule must be agreed on between all involved
- Coordinating depositions between all involved
- Settling the case quickly might result in a lower compensation for you the victim.
- The trial process itself can be lengthy
Take Action Now! Reach Out to Your Personal Injury Attorney Serving Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
When you're in an accident involving a commercial truck, it's crucial to engage a personal injury attorney promptly. Time is of the essence; initiating treatment without delay is essential to provide your attorney with the necessary documentation to support your injury claim and maximize your potential compensation. The statute of limitations is two years but waiting for that duration is not advisable. Feel free to contact our office to explore your options concerning your Florida trucking accident.
Five Compelling Reasons To Consider Hiring A Palm Beach Gardens Truck Accident Attorney:
- Navigate intricate negotiations: Tractor-trailer accidents often involve multiple vehicles, leading to numerous parties involved in civil litigation. These parties frequently attempt to shift blame onto others to minimize their financial responsibility. Therefore, it's essential to enlist a skilled negotiator and litigator who can adeptly handle cases with multiple defendants. This expert can work diligently to maximize the compensation you ultimately receive for your case.
- Strategize and implement legal tactics: As a victim of someone else's negligence, you might not be well-versed in securing the optimal outcome for your injuries. Your attorney will thoroughly evaluate the case's strengths and weaknesses, scrutinize and challenge any conflicting evidence or witnesses, and be prepared to assist you in obtaining the highest possible compensation for your injuries.
- Address modified comparative negligence arguments effectively: In Palm Beach County and across Florida, the concept of modified comparative negligence can come into play. If it's determined that you bear some responsibility for the accident, it can reduce your settlement or trial verdict award. A Palm Beach Gardens accident attorney will take the necessary steps to minimize your liability in such cases.
- Guide you through the intricacies of civil litigation: Lawsuits can be highly complex, especially when dealing with insurance companies that often resist paying out legitimate claims. Your Palm Beach Gardens attorney, specializing in tractor-trailer truck accidents, will handle all the bureaucratic hurdles, allowing you to focus on your recovery and returning to your normal life. As personal injury attorneys representing plaintiffs, our primary duty is to secure the maximum compensation for your bodily injury claims. Your role is to concentrate on your recuperation while we advocate for your rights.
If you or a loved one was injured in a commercial trucking accident in Palm Beach Gardens, “Just Call Me” at (561) 746-7076.
Types Of Commercial Trucking Accidents or Wrecks:
- Trucking Rear-End Collision: These occur when a vehicle collides with the rear of an 18-wheeler, often resulting from insufficient following distance or sudden stops, and can lead to severe damage and injuries due to the immense size and weight of the truck.
- Big Rig Overturn: Big rig overturn accidents involve commercial trucks tipping or rolling onto their sides, often due to factors like speeding, uneven road surfaces, or improper cargo distribution, posing major risks to both the truck driver and other road users.
- Trailer Swing Incident ("Jackknifing"): A trailer swing incident, commonly known as jackknifing, happens when a truck's trailer swings out of alignment with the cab, potentially leading to a loss of control. This can result from abrupt braking or adverse road conditions and is a critical safety concern on the road.
- Freight Spill Accidents: Freight spill accidents occur when cargo being transported by a truck lands onto the roadway, posing hazards to traffic and the environment. These accidents can result from improper cargo securement or sudden maneuvers.
- Accidents Involving Vehicles Getting Wedged Beneath Trucks: These accidents happen when smaller vehicles, such as cars or motorcycles, become trapped or wedged beneath the larger frame of a truck, often leading to catastrophic injuries or fatalities.
- Uncontrolled Truck Descents: Uncontrolled truck descents involve a truck losing control while descending steep grades or hills, often due to brake failure or inadequate braking systems. These incidents may lead to runaway trucks and pose grave dangers to other road users.
- Turns That Result in Accidents Due to Their Width: Accidents occurring during wide turns by trucks are often caused by the truck's extended length, which may swing into adjacent lanes while making turns. These accidents can catch other vehicles in their path.
- Collisions Occurring in the Blind Spots of Trucks: Collisions in a truck's blind spots happen when vehicles, pedestrians, or cyclists are located in areas where the truck driver has limited or no visibility. These accidents underscore the importance of being cautious when sharing the road with large trucks and staying out of their blind spots to prevent collisions.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a trucking accident of any type in Palm Beach Gardens area, contact our office for legal representation.
What Are The Primary Causes Behind Commercial Trucking Accidents?
- Driver Error:
- Fatigue: too many driving hours can lead to negligence
- Distracted Driving: Using mobile phones, eating, can cause the driver to lose focus.
- Speeding: Tractor trailers are heavy and take longer to stop
- Aggressive driving: Tailgating, aggressive lane changes, and road rage can lead to accidents.
- Impaired Driving:
- Alcohol or drug use: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can impair a driver's judgment and coordination.
- Inadequate Training:
- Inexperienced drivers: Tractor-trailer drivers without proper training and experience may struggle with handling the vehicle and making safe decisions.
- Equipment Failures:
- Mechanical failures: Issues with brakes, tires, steering, or other critical components can result in accidents.
- Lack of maintenance: Poorly maintained vehicles are more prone to breakdowns and accidents.
- Weather Conditions:
- Rain, fog, and wind can reduce visibility making accidents more likely.
- Road Conditions:
- Poorly maintained roads: uneven surfaces, and improperly marked lane markers can contribute to accidents.
- Construction zones: Work zones with reduced lanes and merging traffic can be hazardous.
- Overloading and Improper Loading:
- Overloaded trailers: Excessive weight can strain the vehicle's braking and handling capabilities.
- Uneven or unsecured cargo: Shifting or falling cargo can affect vehicle stability.
- Fatigue and Hours of Service:
- Violations of hours-of-service regulations: Drivers failing to limit their driving time.
- Reckless Behavior:
- Running red lights or stop signs: Disregarding traffic signals can result in collisions.
- Failure to yield the right of way: Not giving other vehicles the right of way when required can lead to accidents.
- Blind Spots:
- Large blind spots on tractor-trailers can make it challenging for drivers to see nearby vehicles, increasing the risk of accidents during lane changes or merging.
- Inadequate Training and Supervision:
- Lack of proper training and supervision by trucking companies can lead to unsafe practices among drivers.
- Medical Conditions:
- Medical conditions such as heart attacks or seizures can cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles.
Preventing tractor-trailer accidents requires a combination of driver training, adherence to safety regulations, regular vehicle maintenance, and awareness of environmental conditions. Both truck drivers and other motorists sharing the road must exercise caution and follow traffic laws to reduce the risk of accidents involving tractor-trailers.
Investigating Truck Accidents Causing Serious Injuries and Fatalities in Palm Beach Gardens
When it comes to serious injuries or deaths caused by a truck accident in Palm Beach Gardens, individuals or their families must prove that the person responsible was careless in some way. However, the initial examination by law enforcement might not be enough. A truck accident lawyer might need to do a more detailed investigation to figure out who is to blame. Since big semi-truck accidents often involve multiple vehicles, it could mean that many parties share the blame.
Apart from the initial look into things done by the police, private investigators are often used to collect extra details about the people involved, look for witnesses, and give more insight into how the truck accident happened. These private investigators also contact trucking companies, which have to work together with investigations related to the crash and provide records of their CDL drivers' past.
If you or a family member has been in a truck accident that resulted in severe injuries or death in Palm Beach Gardens, please reach out to our legal team. We will conduct a thorough investigation to find out who is responsible and work to get justice for you and your family.
The Thorough Procedure for Examining Commercial Truck Incidents in Palm Beach Gardens
When a trucking accident occurs, local law enforcement typically responds to the scene to initiate an initial inquiry. However, this initial investigation may fall short in many cases. As a result, private investigators are frequently called upon to gather supplementary information and gain deeper insights into the unfolding events. The investigative process is thorough and involves the following stages:
- Conducting interviews: Private investigators diligently interview witnesses, drivers, and anyone else involved to gather firsthand accounts of the accident and its circumstances, helping piece together a comprehensive narrative of what transpired.
- Preserving evidence: Preservation of crucial physical evidence, such as skid marks, damaged vehicles, and debris, is essential to reconstructing the accident accurately and determining liability.
- Reviewing driver's logbook: Investigating the driver's logbook helps uncover any discrepancies in hours driven, potential fatigue issues, or violations of federal regulations.
- Determining if equipment malfunctions or loading errors contributed to the accident: In-depth examination of the truck's mechanical condition and cargo securement ensures that potential factors leading to the accident are thoroughly explored.
- Gathering blood samples in cases involving severe bodily harm or fatalities, as mandated by Florida statutes: Compliance with legal requirements for blood sample collection aids in assessing the role of intoxication or impairment in the accident.
- Conducting a more extensive investigation into regulatory violations, improper hiring practices, accident history, and other factors that indicate a reckless disregard for the safety of others: Private investigators delve into the trucking company's practices and history to uncover patterns of negligence or non-compliance.
- Identifying any video footage: Surveillance cameras, dashcams, or nearby security cameras may have captured valuable footage that provides additional insight into the accident sequence.
- Consulting with experts: Collaborating with accident reconstruction specialists, medical experts, and other professionals helps in gaining a comprehensive understanding of the accident's technical aspects and impact on victims.
- Retrieving data from truck black boxes known as Heavy Vehicle Event Data Recorders (HVEDRs): Extracting data from HVEDRs offers critical information about the truck's speed, braking, and other performance metrics leading up to the accident.
- Analyzing the driver's employment history: Thoroughly assessing the driver's past employment and driving record can reveal a history of safety violations or concerns.
- Obtaining comprehensive information from the trucking companies: Accessing records, maintenance logs, and communication between the company and the driver can uncover evidence of negligence or misconduct.
A thorough investigation helps refute claims of non-negligent conduct and assists victims in seeking the maximum available compensation. If you or a beloved family member has been involved in a commercial truck accident in Palm Beach Gardens, it is crucial to retain the services of a local truck accident attorney who can expertly guide you through this intricate process, ensuring that all avenues of investigation are explored to secure the justice and compensation you deserve.
What Can Someone Who Has Suffered Injuries In A Truck Accident Claim Compensation For?
A person hurt in a truck accident might be eligible for different types of compensation in Florida.
Medical Bills: This includes the costs for medical treatment connected to the accident, such as hospital fees, doctor's appointments, and physical therapy.
Lost Income: If your injuries prevent you from working, you may receive compensation for the income you've missed out on and any future earnings you might lose.
Pain and Suffering: You could be compensated for the physical and emotional distress caused by the accident and your injuries.
Vehicle or Property Damage: If your vehicle or personal belongings got damaged in the accident, you can seek compensation to repair or replace them.
Loss of Companionship: This refers to the impact on your relationships and the support you receive from a spouse or family member due to your injuries from the accident.
Basics Regarding Punitive Damages in Truck Accident Cases in Palm Beach Gardens
Limits on Punitive Damages: In accordance with Florida law, punitive damages in truck accident cases are capped at either $500,000 or three times the compensatory damages, depending on which amount is greater.
Purpose of Punitive Damages: Punitive damages serve the dual purpose of punishing the defendant for their actions and discouraging similar behavior in the future.
Requirements for Recovering Punitive Damages: To be eligible for punitive damages, the plaintiff must establish a reasonable basis for recovery. This typically involves demonstrating instances of intentional misconduct or gross negligence on the part of the defendant.
Gross Negligence in Truck Accident Cases: In truck accident lawsuits, gross negligence is often alleged when the driver or the trucking company is found to have disregarded federal regulations and state traffic laws. Examples of gross negligence include failing to accurately log driving hours, operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and negligent hiring practices.
If you have been involved in a trucking accident in Palm Beach Gardens, it is important to have a knowledgeable attorney on your side to help you navigate the legal process.
The Law Office of Roger P. Foley, Call us at 561-746-7076 to schedule a consultation.
Modified Comparative Negligence and How It Affects Your Truck Accident Case in Palm Beach Gardens
In Florida, the law allows for modified comparative negligence which reduces the award of damages for the plaintiff if found partially at fault. For example, if the driver of a Honda Civic is injured in a truck accident and brings a claim for damages, the jury will decide each parties fault. If the Honda Driver is found to be 20% at fault and their damages are valued at $200,000, their compensation will be reduced by 20% to $160,000.
As a truck accident victim in Palm Beach Gardens, it is important to have an accident attorney who can determine a modified comparative negligence claim, if any.
At the Law Office of Roger P. Foley in West Palm Beach, our goal is to help you receive the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries while minimizing your stress levels. We have a track record of success in truck accident cases and are available to assist you. Contact us at 561-746-7076 to schedule a consultation.
Semi-Truck Accidents: Common Types of Devastating Injuries and Why You Need Legal Representation
Semi-truck accidents can have catastrophic consequences, leaving victims with devastating injuries, permanent disabilities, or even death. The physical and emotional pain endured by those involved is unimaginable. Here are some of the most common types of injuries resulting from trucking accidents:
Spinal Cord and Neurological Injuries: These injuries carry the potential for paraplegia or significant mobility limitations, accompanied by severe and persistent pain. Common examples encompass herniated intervertebral discs, cervical acceleration-deceleration injuries (commonly known as whiplash), and trauma to spinal structures.
Fractures and Osseous Injuries: Owing to the substantial disparity in mass and energy transfer between commercial trucks and standard vehicles, truck accidents can readily lead to fractures affecting various anatomical sites.
Cranial and Intracranial Injuries: The formidable kinetic energy from semi-truck impacts can result in cranial injuries, potentially precipitating intracranial hemorrhage and ensuing permanent cerebral damage.
Hemorrhage and Visceral Trauma: These concealed injuries carry life-threatening implications and may elude immediate detection. Examples include abdominal aortic aneurysms, hepatic and renal injuries, and a ruptured spleen, often necessitating invasive surgical interventions.
Lacerations: Lacerations may manifest externally, resulting in visible scars, or internally, with the potential to affect vital organs such as the liver, spleen, or kidney.
Rib Fractures and Thoracic Injuries: Rib fractures pose particular peril as they can perforate or lacerate internal organs, potentially leading to severe consequences, including the risk of mortality. A rib fracture can also precipitate a pneumothorax, resulting in a collapsed lung.
Amputation: The tremendous force and compression experienced during truck collisions or rollovers can inflict such grievous injury to a limb that surgical amputation becomes necessary to preserve the overall health and well-being of the victim.
Wrongful Death: Notably, a substantial portion of motor vehicle accident fatalities in the United States are attributable to large truck accidents, accounting for approximately 11%. While Florida legal provisions permit surviving family members to initiate legal proceedings subsequent to the tragic loss of a loved one, the financial restitution available often inadequately addresses the profound emotional and personal toll experienced.
If you or a loved one has suffered from a truck accident injury in Palm Beach County, Florida, it's essential to seek legal assistance to obtain the maximum compensation for your damages. The Law Office of Roger P Foley can help you with your case. Contact a skilled Palm Beach Gardens truck accident attorney to learn more about your legal options and how they can guide you through the legal process and help you during this challenging time.
Get the Compensation You Deserve for Your Truck Accident Injury in Palm Beach Gardens with the Law Office of Roger P Foley
We understand how devastating and life-changing a trucking accident can be. If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident in Palm Beach Gardens or the surrounding areas, it's essential to seek legal advice as soon as possible to ensure the maximum compensation possible for your injuries. At the Law Office of Roger P Foley, we are here to help you through this challenging time.
Our personal injury lawyers are located at 1555 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd., Suite 1555, West Palm Beach, Florida, 33401. We are dedicated to helping our clients receive the compensation they deserve. Mr. Foley will discuss your case with you personally and determine the best way to handle your case. We will work tirelessly to make sure you receive the maximum compensation possible, and we won't stop until we achieve a favorable outcome.
We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that a truck accident can have on your life. That's why we offer compassionate and personalized legal representation to each of our clients. You can count on us to fight for your rights and help you through every step of the legal process.
Don't wait to seek legal advice. Contact the Law Office of Roger P Foley at (561) 746-7076 today and let us help you get the compensation you deserve for your truck accident injury in Palm Beach Gardens.