Wellington, Florida Personal Injury And Car Accident Lawyers
The Law Office of Roger P. Foley is a personal injury law firm that assists those in the Village of Wellington seek financial compensation for their injuries. We are here and we are ready to help you. “Call me!” Attorney Roger P. Foley
- Common Types of Personal Injury Cases in Wellington
- Tips to Maximize Your Personal Injury Claim in Wellington, Florida
- What Is The Average Car Accident Settlement In Wellington, Florida?
- Florida is a No-Fault State, What Does That Mean?
- Personal Injury Protection Policy (PIP)
- Three Top Considerations To Determine How Much Your Car Accident Case Is Worth?
- Wellington City Resources
Whether a personal injury happens to a resident of Wellington or occurs in Wellington, we have you covered. These are the types of cases we handle:
- Personal Injury Main Page
- Amusement Park, Carnival and Fair Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bite Injury
- Medical and Dental Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Negligent Security of Commercial and Residential Premises
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Product Liability Injuries
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Train and Railroad Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Uber Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Are you the victim of an accident that occurred in Wellington? If so, call a Wellington personal injury lawyer so that we can determine which of following types of financial compensation are available in your accident:
- Medical treatment including surgery and physical therapy
- Lost income and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity due to injury
- Periods of temporary disability due to injuries suffered from accident
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
Based on facts of the case, an experienced personal injury lawyer may also be able to demand punitive damages for your injuries. Call and find out!
Tips to Maximize Your Personal Injury Claim in Wellington, Florida
When injured because of another’s negligence you have the right to bring legal action via an insurance claim or lawsuit. The following tips will help maximize your recovery.
- Seek immediate medical treatment at the hospital. Taking an ambulance often results in higher payout. Insurance companies generally believe that if you went to the emergency room in an ambulance that the injury is likely more serious and caused by the accident itself. Delaying treatment or trying to tough it out causes you to leave money on the table.
- Do not leave the location where the injury occured prematurely. Whether it is a slip and fall, car, truck or motorcycle accident, or any other accident reporting the incident is important. Report to police, management or employees, etc. Documentation of the accident is important along with names and numbers of potential witnesses.
- Consult a lawyer prior to discussing the case or signing any paperwork. Insurance companies will try to settle with you for pennies on the dollar. Once you sign or make a statement you are committed. Insurance adjusters can be sweet and kind and appear fair. They work for insurance companies. Their job is to pay out as little as possible. Remember, it is important to not speak with an insurance agent or anyone prior to consulting with a Wellington Personal Injury Lawyer.
- Follow the treatment plan - we all have obstacles in life. Work is important, school, children, spouse, family etc. If you want to be paid the money you deserve, follow the doctor's orders and treatment plan. Physical therapy, pain injections, counseling, follow up doctor appointments are critical. If you do not complete medical treatment then you are not going to receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
What Is The Average Car Accident Settlement In Wellington, Florida?
Quick answer is that every case is different. One of the more frustrating things is when someone crashes into your car. Not only can you be seriously injured but you can be financially impacted. You are at the hospital and you are waiting to know the diagnosis. You are in pain but not sure if it's soft tissue or whether you have broken bones. You already know that you are likely to miss time at work. Your car is totaled. Who is going to compensate you for all of this and how much is your car accident worth? The answer is nobody knows at this point because it's too early to determine. Every case is different. The facts are different, not all injuries have been diagnosed, comparative negligence has not been determined, nobody knows the insurance coverages available. Time will determine these factors and will allow your car accident lawyer to arrive at a number and make a demand for settlement.
When you are injured in a car accident, seek medical attention first and then contact the Law Office of Roger P. Foley to discuss your case. Speak directly with attorney Roger P. Foley
Florida is a No-Fault State, What Does That Mean?
A No-Fault State simply means that when you are involved in an accident, with another vehicle, and are injured that you start with your insurance provider first regardless of who was at fault. In Florida you are required to have personal injury protection insurance(PIP). PIP covers the first $10,000 in medical bills and lost wages. After that amount is used up you may file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the other party/driver.
Personal Injury Protection Policy (PIP)
As stated above, all Florida drivers are required to have $10,000 personal injury protection insurance coverage. After an accident, your personal injury protection insurance pays your damages in the following manner:
- It pays up to 80 percent of your first $10, 000 in medical bills
- Up to 60 percent of lost wages
- Reimbursement for travel to doctors
- $5,000 in event of death
- Child care if injury prevents you from caring for your children
It is important to note that 10k of Personal Injury Protection does not alway mean 10k in coverage. There are limiting factors:
- PIP only pays $2,500, unless you are determined to have an emergency medical condition
- You must seek medical attention within 14 days of the accident, failure to do so can result in denied benefits
- Does not cover Pain and Suffering
When you are injured, PIP is rarely sufficient to cover medical expenses. Accordingly, it is highly recommended that you acquire bodily injury coverage and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
When you are in an accident you should seek medical attention, call a distinguished car accident lawyer, and then contact your insurance company to let them know you were in an accident.
Three Top Considerations To Determine How Much Your Car Accident Case Is Worth?
- Liability - Which party was at fault, who caused the accident?
- Amount of Damages - what are the extent of your injuries?
- Amount of insurance coverage available - Is there bodily injury coverage on the other side? Does the injured party have uninsured/underinsured insurance coverage?
These three considerations are the basis of determining what your accident case is worth. Liability, the other driver must be responsible for the accident. If the car wreck was entirely your fault then you do not have a case. Do you have serious injuries? Was your arm, back or neck broken? Do you have scars, lacerations? Do you have any paralysis or a brain injury? It is important to understand that your financial compensation is based on the extent of your injuries. The more serious the injury, the more money you can demand. Lastly, does the at fault driver have bodily injury insurance or do you have “uninsured motorist coverage? “ If there is insurance coverage combined with liability and damages then you have a case.
Still not sure, “call me” attorney Roger P. Foley. I will provide a free accident case evaluation and answer your questions.
Wellington City Resources
Wellington is known for its equestrian community. If you love horses then you will enjoy the equestrian events. Wellington also hosts the Nespresso U.S. Polo Open at the Palm Beach International Polo Club. Wellington is a very nice place to live. There are many people that reside and visit Wellington daily. With a growing population and lots of activities, there are more and more people traveling the roads in Wellington.
Lots of things going on in and around Wellington Florida:
- The Mall at Wellington
- Trampoline and Adventure Park
- Lion Country Safari
- Panther Ridge Sanctuary
- Wellington Aquatics Complex
If you need legal assistance for injuries received in an accident, “Call Me” attorney Roger P. FoleyVillage of Wellington