Train Accident Lawyer Serving Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Habla Espanol? Click Here
Have you suffered injuries that were caused on railroad accident in Palm Beach Gardens. Florida? The Law Offices of Roger P. Foley P.A., is a personal injury firm dedicated to helping victims and their families receive the compensation they deserve after a catastrophic accident.
Our team is ready to navigate the complex legal system and fight for your rights. Whether you were injured while traveling on AMTRAC, BRIGHTLINE, or another railroad company, we will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the best possible outcome.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a train or railroad accident, don't hesitate to contact The Law Offices of Roger P. Foley P.A. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll these accidents can take on you and your family, and we are available to help. Call us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can assist you. "Call Me" Roger P. Foley.
Seeking Legal Help for Train and Railroad Accidents in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Passenger trains have become an integral part of the transportation system in Palm Beach Gardens. The convenience and affordability of light rails like Brightline have made them a popular mode of transport for many. However, despite the benefits, train and railroad accidents are a significant concern in Florida. Given the speed and size of trains, such accidents can have devastating consequences.
At The Law Offices of Roger P. Foley P.A., we understand the impact of such accidents and are committed to helping those who have been injured. Our team of lawyers are ready to handle cases involving train and railroad accidents in Palm Beach Gardens and across Florida. We work tirelessly to protect our clients' rights to compensation from liable parties, be it train companies or other entities responsible for the accident.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a train or railroad accident, you may have several questions. Our team has compiled some of the most commonly asked questions about Florida railroad accidents to help you better understand your legal options. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help you navigate the legal complexities of a train or railroad accident case.
- What Causes A Train Accident?
- Who Can Be Held Responsible For A Train Or Railroad Accident?
- How Do Attorneys Establish Liability In Cases Of Train Or Railroad Accidents?
- What Types Of Injuries Can Occur In A Train Accident?
- What Legal Options Do Surviving Family Members Have If A Loved One Dies In A Train Accident?
- What Is The Time Limit To File A Lawsuit For Injuries Sustained In A Railway Accident?
- Who Is Responsible For Paying Medical Bills After A Railroad Accident In Florida?
- Is Brightline Safe And What Are the Statistics?
- What Is The Safety Record Of Brightline, And What Are The Statistics?
Train accidents can occur due to various factors, and each case is unique. However, the most common causes of train accidents include mechanical failures, collisions with vehicles remaining at the crossing, trains leaving the track, conductor error, and defective signals or tracks.
In many cases, accidents may occur due to a combination of factors, such as mechanical failure and conductor error or defective signals and hazardous crossings. It is crucial to thoroughly investigate the circumstances leading up to the accident to determine the liable parties and ensure that victims receive proper compensation. If you or a loved one has been injured in a train accident, contact a qualified attorney with experience in handling such cases to protect your legal rights.
Who Can Be Held Responsible For A Train Or Railroad Accident?
Train and railroad accidents can have devastating consequences and determining who is liable for the accident is crucial to ensuring victims receive proper compensation. Depending on the facts of your accident, one or more of the following may be held liable for the accident.
- Train conductors: If the conductor's is negligent and causes the accident.
- Train companies: Employees' mistakes resulting in negligent claims.
- Manufacturer design and manufacturer defects
- Railroad Tracks require regular inspections and repair. If the company fails to do so, they may be held responsible for the accident.
*Trains colliding with vehicles or pedestrians causing injuries are not automatically liable.
At The Law Offices of Roger P. Foley P.A., we work to make those responsible pay for their negligence.
How Do Attorneys Establish Liability In Cases Of Train Or Railroad Accidents?
Identifying who is responsible for a train or railroad accident can be a complex process, and often involves experts. Ways to determine liability include:
- Reviewing investigative reports: The Florida Department of Transportation typically takes the lead in investigating train accidents and provides a detailed analyses of what occurred. We analyze this report to further research what caused the accident.
- Examining Event Data Recorder: Trains have black boxes. This recorders provide critical information, such as the train's heading and velocity and whether the conductor attempted to engage the braking system. This data assists examiners determine liability.
- Monitoring railroad crossing gates: Monitoring the train crossing signals and gates can help reveal whether a malfunction in the system occurred.
- Interviewing eyewitnesses is essential in determining liability.
By using these methods, we can identify the liable parties and hold them accountable for the accident. Contact us today if you or a loved one has been involved in a train or railroad accident, and let us fight for the compensation you deserve.
What Types Of Injuries Can Occur In A Train Accident?
Train accidents can cause a range of injuries, some of which can be life-altering. If you've been involved in a train accident in Palm Beach Gardens or elsewhere, it's important to be aware of the potential injuries you may suffer. Some of the most common train accident injuries include:
- Bone Fractures: The force of a train accident can cause broken bones throughout the body.
- Back injuries: Sprains, strains, fractures, or disc injuries can occur due to the impact of the accident.
- Spinal Cord Trauma: An injury to the spinal cord or nerves can lead to chronic pain and impaired mobility.
- Internal Injuries: Blunt force trauma may provoke internal organ injuries, affecting organs such as the liver, spleen, and kidneys, potentially resulting in internal bleeding or organ dysfunction.
- Traumatic brain injury: Violent shaking or blows to the head can cause traumatic brain injuries with symptoms like memory loss, difficulty speaking, and impaired movement.
- Amputation: In severe cases, a train accident can lead to the loss of a limb.
What Legal Options Do Surviving Family Members Have If A Loved One Dies In A Train Accident?
If a family member dies in a train accident, a wrongful death case may be pursued by the surviving family members. This lawsuit is intended to compensate the family for the following:
- Funeral expenses
- Medical expenses
- Lost financial support
- Loss of employment earnings
- Loss of consortium
Filing a wrongful death lawsuit can be a complex process. Seek a law firm to assist you. At The Law Offices of Roger P. Foley P.A., we understand the pain and suffering that families go through after a tragic loss. Our attorneys can help guide you through the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
What Is The Time Limit To File A Lawsuit For Injuries Sustained In A Railway Accident?
Under Florida law the statute of limitations for victims of a railway accident have a maximum of two (2) years from the date of the injurious accident to file a lawsuit.
Who Is Responsible For Paying Medical Bills After A Railroad Accident In Florida?
If you have been injured in a Florida railroad accident, the person or entity responsible for causing your injuries should pay for your medical care. Discuss the facts of your injury with our office.
Is Brightline Safe And What Are the Statistics?
Brightline connects West Palm Beach to Miami and has grown in popularity over the past few years. It now connects to Orlando. There have been several fatalities involving people walking on or near the tracks.
What Is The Safety Record Of Brightline, And What Are The Statistics?
Brightline, a railroad that connects Miami to Orlando, has been in operation since 2017 and has grown in popularity. However, the safety record of Brightline is concerning. Since its inception, there have been around 98 fatal accidents involving Brightline. In fact, one study has declared Brightline the most dangerous railroad in the nation.
Legal Assistance for Train Accident Victims and Their Families in Palm Beach Gardens and throughout Florida
The aftermath of a train accident can be a difficult and overwhelming time, especially if you have lost a loved one. At our firm, we understand the emotional and financial strain that this tragedy can cause, and we are available to provide you with compassionate and effective legal support.
We can help you navigate the legal process and bring a strong train accident insurance claim or lawsuit. We are committed to ensuring that you receive the compensation you deserve for the loss of your loved one. While we understand that no amount of money can ever truly make things right, we believe that obtaining justice through financial means can provide a sense of closure and security.
If you need our assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. Attorney Roger P Foley and our team are here to support you through this difficult time. Call us today to schedule a consultation.