Trusted Wrongful Death Lawyer Representing Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Habla Espanol? Click Here
Experiencing the loss of a beloved family member because of someone else's carelessness can be a tragic and overwhelming ordeal. Our deepest sympathies are with the relatives of the departed in these challenging times. Located in West Palm Beach and serving Palm Beach Gardens, The Law Office of Roger P. Foley comprehends the emotional and financial difficulties that families encounter following such a tragedy. As personal injury lawyers that focus on wrongful death cases, we are dedicated to providing empathetic legal support and pursuing the person or company responsible for the passing of your loved one.
Our legal team offers its sincere condolences to the relatives of the deceased. We know that no amount of compensation can replace the life of a beloved family member. However, we can help assist in alleviating the financial hardship of the surviving family members, especially if the deceased was the main source of earnings for the family. If you choose to bring legal action against the person(s) responsible for the wrongful death, we will stand beside you.
At The Law Office of Roger P. Foley, we will investigate the circumstances surrounding the passing of your loved one and hold those responsible, accountable for their actions. Our focus is to ensure that you receive justice and in a civil matter that means financial compensation for your loss.
If you have lost a beloved family member due to someone else's negligence, don't hesitate to contact us for a free consultation. We are here to listen to your story, answer your questions, and provide you with the legal guidance you need during this challenging time.
- Understanding Wrongful Death In Palm Beach Gardens: Frequently Asked Questions
- Top Reasons For Selecting The Law Office of Roger P. Foley For Wrongful Death Cases in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
- Four (4) Key Elements In Florida Wrongful Death Cases:
- What's The Difference Between A Survival Action And A Wrongful Death Claim?
- Purpose And Calling Of A Florida Wrongful Death Case Attorney
Losing a beloved family member is never easy, and when it happens as a result of someone else's negligence, it can be even more difficult to cope with. If you have lost a beloved family member due to the wrongful actions of another party, you may have questions about your legal options. The Law Office of Roger P. Foley is here to help answer your questions and provide guidance on your next steps.Could I Pursue a Wrongful Death Lawsuit After The Passing Of My Relative?
If your family member tragically passed away due to someone else's negligence, you may have a wrongful death case. Under Florida law, the individual or organization accountable for the wrongful death could face liability for the damages outlined in the statute.What Is The Potential Value Of A wrongful Death Lawsuit and What Steps Can I Take To Secure The Highest Possible Compensation?
The valuation of a wrongful death claim is contingent upon numerous factors. Foremost among these is the establishment of negligence on the part of the individual or entity responsible for the untimely demise, alongside the extent of insurance coverage accessible. Given the individual facts of each case, arriving at a fixed sum is difficult. In a wrongful death claim, the family may seek financial payment for a variety of losses.Who Is Eligible To File A Wrongful Death Lawsuit In Florida?
In Florida wrongful death cases, eligible beneficiaries include:
- Spouse: Can claim for companionship and emotional distress.
- Children: Eligible for damages related to lost benefits and support.
- Parents: Can seek compensation for the loss of a minor child.
- Dependent Relatives: Those reliant on the deceased for financial support or services.
- Children of Unmarried Parents: Eligible if the father formally recognized and supported the child.
Our legal services do not require any upfront costs or out-of-pocket expenses; we only receive a percentage of the compensation we secure for you. Therefore, our fees are contingent upon winning a verdict in trial or reaching a settlement with the responsible party and their insurance."How Long Do I Have To Make A Claim For Wrongful Death?
In Florida, the statute of limitations for a wrongful death claim is two (2) years. The time begins at the time of death. It is important to contact an attorney immediately to ensure that you meet all necessary deadlines.How Are Wrongful Death Cases Typically Caused?
Wrongful deaths can occur in various circumstances, including but not limited to:
- Motorcycle incidents
- Car collisions
- Truck crashes
- Boating mishaps
- Slip and fall incidents
- Airplane disasters
- Product liability cases
- Medical malpractice
- Construction site injuries
- Workplace mishaps
- Negligent security situations
If you have lost a beloved family member due to the negligence of another party, contact us for a free consultation. We will listen, answer your questions, and provide you with the legal guidance you need during this difficult time.
Top Reasons For Selecting The Law Office of Roger P. Foley For Wrongful Death Cases in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
The loss of a beloved family member caused by someone else's negligence can be a shattering experience, leaving you feeling bewildered and unsure of how to proceed. However, The Law Office of Roger P. Foley, situated in West Palm Beach, is available to guide you through the legal system and pursue the rightful justice you deserve. Here are a few reasons why our law firm is the ideal choice for your wrongful death case:
- Personalized Attention: Our team of wrongful death team is effective. You will have direct contact with Attorney Roger P. Foley. He takes a personalized approach to each case.
- Thorough Investigation: We will conduct a full investigation into how the death occurred and determine the responsible person(s). Our law office will find the applicable insurance policies and limits.
- We put together a demand letter that includes the evidence necessary to maximize a settlement.
- Direct Communication: Mr. Foley understands that this is a difficult time for you, and he will keep you updated on the progress of your case. He makes himself available to answer your questions and address your concerns.
- Trial Preparation: While a high percentage of wrongful death cases settle out of court, we are always prepared to take your case to trial, if necessary.
At The Law Office of Roger P. Foley, we are committed to providing our clients with the quality legal representation. If you have a deceased family member due to someone else's negligence, contact us for a free consultation. We will provide you with the guidance you need during this difficult time.
Four (4) Key Elements In Florida Wrongful Death Cases:
When a beloved family member dies due to someone else's negligence, it can be difficult to know where to turn. In these cases, it is important to work with an attorney that that wants to assist in wrongful death cases. He should be able to help you navigate the legal system and seek justice for your loss. One of the key elements in any wrongful death case is proving negligence. Here are the four key elements that must be demonstrated to prove negligence in a wrongful death case:
- Negligence: This is when someone didn't act responsibly and caused harm. For example, if someone in Palm Beach County drank too much and drove, or if a business owner in West Palm Beach didn't fix something they knew was broken, that's negligence.
- Breach of Duty: To prove this, we need to show that the person who caused harm had a responsibility to keep others safe but didn't do that properly. Like a driver who should drive safely, or a business owner who should keep their place safe for customers.
- Causation: We have to prove that negligence and breach of duty caused the death. If the person had acted correctly, the death wouldn't have happened.
- Damages: This means showing that the victim's family has suffered losses because of the death. These losses can include medical bills, funeral costs, lost wages, retirement, and emotional pain. When we add up all these losses, we get a number to start discussing compensation.
In Florida, if someone's death happened because of really careless or intentional actions, punitive damages might be considered. These damages aim to punish the person responsible and discourage others from doing the same. At The Law Office of Roger P. Foley, our team will work hard to help you find justice for your loss.
What's The Difference Between A Survival Action And A Wrongful Death Claim?
- A Wrongful Death Claim is for the family to get compensation for what they've suffered because of the death.
- In a Survival Action, the person who looks after the deceased person's legal matters can sue for what the person suffered from the time of the incident until they passed away. If the person had lived, it would be like their personal injury claim. For example, it could cover medical bills, lost wages, damages to their stuff, and the pain they felt.
Florida says you can choose either a Wrongful Death Claim or a Survival Action, but not both.
When you call the Law Office of Roger P. Foley, we'll talk about your situation and figure out which one is better for you.
Bereavement Services For Families Coping With The Loss Of A Loved One
When a family member passes away unexpectedly, it can be really hard, and the family needs support. Grown-ups, teenagers, and kids all feel sad in their own ways. For example, a mom with kids might hide her sadness to be strong for her children, while a teenager might act differently from a younger child. Joining a support group can be a good idea to help with this.
Purpose And Calling Of A Florida Wrongful Death Case Attorney
A wrongful death attorney is a legal professional who represents the surviving family members or beneficiaries of a person who has died due to the negligence or wrongful actions of another party. Wrongful death attorneys are essential because we help the affected families seek justice and compensation for their losses.
The phrase "It's not just about the case. It's about humanity" emphasizes that a compassionate and understanding approach is crucial when dealing with such sensitive matters. A good wrongful death attorney will not only focus on the legal aspects of the case but will also take the time to listen to the emotional needs and concerns of the grieving family.
By demonstrating empathy and compassion, a wrongful death attorney can help their clients feel heard and supported during one of the most challenging times in their lives. This approach not only enhances the attorney-client relationship but also allows the attorney to better understand the impact of the loss on the family and use that understanding to build a stronger case.
At the Law Office of Roger P. Foley, we pride ourselves on offering personalized attention to every client. We understand the unique circumstances surrounding each wrongful death case, and we tailor our approach to best meet the needs of each individual client. Every family deserves justice and closure after the loss of a beloved family member.
Our hearts go out to you if you have lost a beloved family member because of another's carelessness. We understand the immense pain and suffering that comes with such a loss. That's why we urge you to contact Attorney Roger P. Foley, a compassionate Palm Beach County wrongful death lawyer, without delay. By calling 561-746-7076 , you can arrange a consultation to explore how we can help you in this trying time.